From Monday 28th of July to Friday 1st of August, there will be a special Media Week on Orange Island, featuring a series of events dedicated to the many ways of broadcasting your voice to the Second Life world – and to real life beyond.
In addition to giving an overview of SL media, they will be hosting conferences about blogging, video blogging, podcasting, wikis, and traditional media in SL.
You’ll also be able to attend workshops to learn how to use a blog as part of a media strategy, among other subjects – and that will be presented by Saffia Widdershins, producer and presenter of Meta makeover (who is … er … writing this blog!).
At the end of the week, they will be exploring the future of media inside Second Life with a talk about Web on a prim and the promises of a seamless web integration in Second Life.
Make sure you also visit the many media booths set up on Orange Island’s main plaza during the week – you’ll find one for Prim Perfect Publications, with links to Prim Perfect, Meta Makeover and The Primgraph!
Stay tuned for a detailed schedule of the week on Monday – be here is an outline schedule to whet your appetite!
11.00AM SLT: Set up of persistent content (news blogs’ booths)
12.00PM SLT: Wikis
* Theme: The most advanced form of collaborative knowledge management.
12.00PM SLT: Blogging Panel: moderated by Mal Burns and Tara Yeats
* Theme: From BLOG to WRITTEN PRESS
* Participants include: Tara5 Oh, Ordinal Malaprop, Koz Farina, Saffia Widdershins
1.30PM SLT: Workshop: led by Saffia Widdershins
* Theme: Using a blog as part of a media strategy
12.00PM SLT: Podcasting Panel
* Theme: From BLOG to RADIO (Panel done in VOICE)
* Participants include: Mackenzie McArdle , John Swords , Torrid Midnight , Stuart Warf
12.00PM SLT: Mainsteam Media
* Theme: RL media into SL + How mass media see SL
* Participants include: Eric Reuters
2.00PM SLT: Video Blogging
* Theme: From BLOG to TV
* Participants include: Starr Sonic, Mal Burns
12.00PM SLT: Mobile technology
* Theme: The impact of Mobile tech on social media, the concept of “augmented reality”
2.00PM SLT: Web on a Prim
* Theme: How does the web integrates into SL?
* Participants include: Samuel Linden